Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Shin-Dig? Hoe-Down? Rat BBQ?

from jack...

So what do YOU call an event where the entire community shows up to dance and play games around a large bonfire where you share fresh BBQ chicken and also some curried rat (pictured skinned and "marinating" in the bowl here)? I’m still not sure what to call it myself, but regardless, that’s what we did last night. See, the chicken is delightful… much like any “normal” grilled chicken might taste, but the rat? Well… yeah… I’ll leave it to your imagination, and you can ask Nancy Tucker when she gets back.


3 comments:

  1. I'm Jealous over your rat barbeque! So wish I was there! Glad to see everyone enjoying it! :)
    Jenn Price

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack are you still going veg?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that picture of Nancy and her Indian cuisine! Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete